vmware on FC1, on inspiron 8100

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 27 07:56:47 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Bryan Anderson wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > i'm flexible as to whether i run, as a guest OS, win2k or win xp, the
> > main goal is to be running (ugh!) MS word -- sadly, openoffice won't
> > quite do the job
>
> Can you tell me what you can't do in OpenOffice that you can do in Word?

it's not a deficiency in OOo.  i'm working on an internal network at
a client site, and i need their internal DNS to allow me to access
word documents via a share name.  so i really need the entire windows
environment surrounding the office suite.  it was just easier to go the
vmware route than try to hack around the internal network.

rday