vmware on FC1, on inspiron 8100

Mauri Sahlberg Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com
Thu Nov 27 12:27:13 UTC 2003

to, 2003-11-27 kello 14:06, Mentor kirjoitti:
> Robert P. J. Day escribio el dia 26/11/2003 18:51:
>

> Try Crossoffice from Codeweavers instead Vmware. Word runs quite well,
> and doesn't overload too much.

As long as you remember to turn prelinking off. It also runs Lotus Notes
5.11 clients without hassle. I switched from Vmware to Crossoffice a
long time ago. Vmware is a good product but is simply too heavy to run
just one program. I tried Wine as well but it required doing handstands
with eyes closed to get it work with Notes and when I got it to work it
was the Codeweaver's old version of wine not the up to date version from
Winehq. Then I updated something and it broke. Crossoffice is/was so
cheap that it was not simply worth of doing handstands again to get wine
to work with Notes.

IMHO Notes is the worlds top 1 software that screws your life
completely. It is the only thing that requires me to have some kind of
windows compatibility on my workstation. All other windows programs I
can do without.

> --
Mauri Sahlberg <Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com>
Claymountain Solutions Oy