RedHat Professional Workstation

catastrofe catastrofe at telefonica.net
Fri Nov 28 14:05:06 UTC 2003

I used Red Hat 9. Before I upgraded to Fedora, I did read lots of
documentation from the Red Hat site. What I understood was:

	1. Red Hat is not giving support (Red Hat X)to these distros from next
April.

	2. If you are using them you can upgrade to Fedora (distro for the
community, people who use Red Hat without paying for support and
downloading from the Internet. Let's say this project is closer to
Debian, although Red Hat still collaborates heavily in its development.

	3. You also can upgrade to RHEL WS/ES/AS. This distros are oriented for
people (or organizations) that need and pay for serious support from Red
Hat. I suppose these distros will not be available for free download as
Fedora is, (I am not sure 100% of this), instead they will be for
purchase at the store shelves.

I hope this answers your questions. If this is not correct I would
appreciate someone giving us some light. As I said, I read a lots of
documentation from the Red Hat site, but is not 100% clear and I am not
a native English speaker, so I might have misunderstood something...

Best regards.