Where do I configure modules?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sat Nov 29 02:27:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 21:49, Brian G. Vallelunga wrote:
> I'm not sure what this means. The floppy.o is not listed in the
> modules.conf file. The only items in that file are:
>
> alias eth- e1--
> alias eth1 orinoco_cs
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
>
> Can you tell me where the list of modules to be loaded are located? I
> can't seem to find this on the internet anywhere.

Modules are loaded on demand by the kernel.  You only need to put
configuration for modules in modules.conf if they need it.

In your case I believe you were trying to prevent a module from being
loaded.  This can usually be accomplished by putting the name of the
module in /etc/hotplug/blacklist .
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves