CPU goes to 100% when ejecting SD media from SDDR-33

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sat Nov 29 20:52:39 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've got a Sandisk SDDR-33 Secure Digital media reader, which works
great with Fedora.  The only problem I've noticed since upgrading from
RH9 is that if I use the "eject" command to unmount the media (or
uncheck the media in Nautilus) the CPU goes to 100% and stays there for
about 30 seconds until the media is eventually unmounted.  There's no
error, just the CPU load for no particular reason that I can see.

It's not a major problem, just kind of annoying.  I either have to go to
a command prompt and umount manually or wait 30 seconds to get my media
back.

Can anyone duplicate and/or explain?  Help is appreciated!

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves