Intel onboard soundcard under Fedora

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 28 21:13:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 07:51, Mitja Mihelic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'll get right to the point:
> I installed FC1 on my computer and, it said that my soundcard is
> not supported under RedHat (it's Fedora, I know, but that's what is said)
> The soundcard is detected as >82801EB AC'97 Audio Controller<
> It is as I said an onboard card. The motherboard is Intel D865PERL.
>
> The 82801DB (from Intel D845PESV) works under RH9 and FC1.
> Are the southbridges really that different?
>
> Can anything be done about it or it's just: it doesn't work, forget
> about it.
>
> Thanks, Mitja

Use Alsa for sound.  You can get alsa rpm's from http://freshrpms.net/
You can use this script (run it as root) to set your /etc/modules.conf
file for alsa.  http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jdrabb/files/alsaconf
After you run this script, as root run depmod -a, then run alsamixer or
aumix to set your volumes.

--
James Drabb
Senior Programmer Analyst