PHP 5 Beta 2 Installs Fine

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 28 23:45:49 UTC 2003

Just for the record, I was able to compile and install PHP 5, Beta 2 to
Fedora Core 1, using (nearly) the same configure options as the Fedora
version of php 4.3.3, with only one major issue: the configure script
issued a 'sanity check error' while checking net-snmp support. I'm sure
I have the right libraries installed, but it consistently errored out,
on net-snmp, so I removed the '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' configure line.
That allowed configure to succeed.

Now all I need to do is use PHP5. Which I definitely plan to.

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA