Compile perl script on Fedora (perlcc)

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Sat Nov 29 01:49:40 UTC 2003

Hi Yanick,
          No problem for the help. Here's the solution:

1. go to http://apt.freshrpms.net/
2. Download apt (the Fedora one!) from there and install it
3. as root edit the /etc/apt/sources.list

and comment everything and introduce this part

# Red Hat Linux 9
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 os updates freshrpms
# rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 os updates freshrpms

4. as root do in an xterm/Eterm/terminal (first!) an

apt-get update

then when it's done, do an

apt-get install perl

and it should download and install Perl from RH 9.

Hope this helps. ;-p

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg \or\
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg
Website: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg

On 28/11/03, at  16:31 -0500, Yanick Quirion <yanick.quirion at neokimia.com> ...: