Fedora redemption! (was Re: Fedora give up)

Chris Sparks mrada at catalina-inter.net
Sat Nov 29 02:23:20 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the input I received!  This is what I learned:
    1)   When you have 128 MB of SRAM and the on-board video takes 16 MB
of it you
           can't do X windows (i.e. Graphical installation)
    2)   It is key to burn as slow a CD as possible.  In my case it
works ok with 4X speed.

I tried a minimal installation on an older disk I had laying around and
I am very happy to say
we have life!  I will now purge myself of that Windows 2000 installation
and build an everything
installation.  I am confident that it will be fine!

Chris Sparks