yum dependency loop exceeded

Kai Thomsen kai.thomsen at gmx.de
Sat Nov 29 23:43:35 UTC 2003

Michael Griffis wrote:

> I am getting an "identical dependency loop exceeded" error while
> trying to install totem/xine/mplayer.
>
> I've added the livna-stable sources to /etc/yum.conf however when I
> run try to install totem, xine or mplayer I get the following message:
>
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
> Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> ......identical dependency loop exceeded
> package xine-lib needs libFLAC.so.4 (not provided)
> package xine-lib needs libaa.so.1 (not provided)
> package xine-lib needs libspeex.so.1 (not provided)

Quote `rpm.livna.org':

  "RPM.Livna.org is not a standalone repository
   You must use rpm.livna.org with Fedora.us repository

     http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraHOWTO
     http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraSources

   Do not ask for help about missing libaa/libFLAC/liblzo/libdv/...
   dependencies. Configure your apt/yum/up2date to use the corresponding
   stable/testing/unstable repositories from fedora.us which you use
   from rpm.livna.org and it'll work."

--Kai