Fedora redemption!

Chris Sparks mrada at catalina-inter.net
Sat Nov 29 07:00:43 UTC 2003

Hello again,

Well I installed the complete installation (or almost all of it) and I
had problems like last time,
even though not in the same frequency, however, still things aren't
quite right.

Here is some of my commentary I wrote to myself while the installation
process was going on:

problem with samba... on disk 1 (device error or media error)
reboot with refresh...
kde-i18n-Swedish-3.1.4-1 ... disk 3 (device error or media error again)
reboot with upgrade...
didn't pick up kde-18n-Swedish-3.1.4-1 .. on disk 3
did not copy kernel to boot area
Had to create a boot floppy
booted up ...
kudzu found:
  found generic ps/2 mouse ...
  found ESS Solo-1 Audio drive...
  found silicon Moition, inc sm720 lynx 3dm
  ddc probe returned bogus...
  trying lynx generic
  found VIA Tech|USB

bunch of DMA interrupt errors on hard drive /dev/hda
rebooted again...
try to upgrade again....
what is force lba32? (Can anyone tell me why you would set this?)
problem with a file....
turn off bios hdd block mode and disabling VGA bios shadowing
The Fedora installation program wanted to install:
  aspell
  xterm
  compat-db
Got this again "no kernel package were installed on your system.  Your
boot loader configuration will not be changed....."
WHy am i getting this?  How do I install the OS kernel, does LILO not
exist anymore.  If I need to use GRUB then how
do I do it?
dma errors again...
dma error = 0x84
status = 0x51

startx

timed out waiting for frame 0
sometimes X server would lose connection or some such nonsense.

So there you go....  I bolded those items that need to be fixed so any
help appreciated.

Also how do I post install files that weren't picked up from CDs?

Chris