RedHat Professional Workstation

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at redhat.com
Sat Nov 29 11:30:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 00:05, catastrofe wrote:
> I used Red Hat 9. Before I upgraded to Fedora, I did read lots of
> documentation from the Red Hat site. What I understood was:
>
> 	1. Red Hat is not giving support (Red Hat X)to these distros from next
> April.

Correct

> 	2. If you are using them you can upgrade to Fedora (distro for the
> community, people who use Red Hat without paying for support and
> downloading from the Internet. Let's say this project is closer to
> Debian, although Red Hat still collaborates heavily in its development.

Ok.

> 	3. You also can upgrade to RHEL WS/ES/AS. This distros are oriented for
> people (or organizations) that need and pay for serious support from Red
> Hat. I suppose these distros will not be available for free download as
> Fedora is, (I am not sure 100% of this), instead they will be for
> purchase at the store shelves.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS/ES/WS will probably not be available on
"store shelves", but are available either directly from Red Hat or
through partners. Red Hat Personal Workstation, based on the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3 WS bits, will be on the "store shelves".

> I hope this answers your questions. If this is not correct I would
> appreciate someone giving us some light. As I said, I read a lots of
> documentation from the Red Hat site, but is not 100% clear and I am not
> a native English speaker, so I might have misunderstood something...

Close enough for government work.

--
Chris Kloiber
Red Hat, Inc.