mount the USB device (was: Black Friday fun with Fedora)

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Sun Nov 30 13:10:01 UTC 2003

El Vie 28 Nov 2003 14:02, Preston Crawford escribió:
> <DIV>So my wife rushed out this morning to Target to get an
> $88 digital camera. 3.3 mp. Plugged it into my desktop (running Fedora, of
> course) and all I had to do was add an entry into fstab for the camera and
> create a directory under /mnt/ and I was able to mount the camera just fine.
> Wild. It's a Vivitar (can't remember the model off the top of my head) if
anyone
> cares. Anyway, what a nice surprise.</DIV>

The other days I was thinking on how USB devices such as a scanner, or this
video camera works. To my surprise, I see that he mount the device to the FS.
But what is it that one will do with the mounted device?

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telemática
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral