The more I read the confuser I get.

Con Tassios ct at swin.edu.au
Sat Nov 1 00:07:20 UTC 2003

>   > Who says you can't use it after you quit paying for updates?  No
> one.  Red
>
> RedHat does.  In my dealings with their sales reps, it is a "no-go" to
> keep using RHEL after your subscription runs out.

http://www.redhat.com/software/whichlinux.html

Red Hat Enterprise Linux is sold through a one-year subscription and it does
have a licensing agreement. But before you mention the "p"-word
("proprietary"), understand that the code is open and protected by the GPL
license. It's not proprietary. We're licensing the services, not the software.
The source code files can be downloaded by anyone, and you still have the right
to use the software after the license and services expire.