The more I read the confuser I get.-the answer

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 1 16:19:21 UTC 2003

Ted Kaczmarek said:
> Say I purchase 10 ES licenses, and I make 1 tech support call in year, I
> then become a gravy train. Another person purchases 1 license and makes
> 10 tech support calls, this would be a losing proposition.

You are falling into the same old trap.  Support calls are not the only
cost involved with supporting the product.  Back-porting fixes, testing,
QA, etc.  are also a big part of the cost that doesn't fluctuate with have
much you call.  We are talking about keeping the same major version of
software for 5 years and keeping it secure and stable.  I'm sure there is
a "break even" cost associated with calling support, but the isn't the
whole picture.

--
William Hooper