Several questions

Wade Hampton wade.hampton at nsc1.net
Mon Nov 3 16:31:43 UTC 2003

I have several questions for the list:

1.  How do I get gdm on RH 9 to stop listening on port 6000 (e.g., for
my laptop)
       /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

        [security]
        DisallowTCP=true

       -- This is what worked with RH 8 -- but it does not appear to
work w/ RH9.
       -- Will the default gdm.conf in Fedora contain this line or notes
on how to
           turn off this feature.  Turning it off is recommended for
laptops, etc.
       -- Note, I can always go to runlevel 3 and startx -- -nolisten
TCP.....
       -- Can this be added to the docs (e.g., how to turn off listening
on ALL services)?

2.  Will Fedora finally fix the RPM lockup problem?  With RH 8 and 9,
sometimes
     RPM will just seem to hang and never return.  I occasionally have
to kill -9
     the rpm process then rm /var/lib/rpm/__db*.  I NEVER had problems
like this with
     RH 7 and the older RPM (which also seemed much faster).

3.  I'm trying yum for updatating my RH 9 box.  I keep getting errors
about the
     GPG keys.  I added the Fedora key, but am still getting errors on:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 8df56d05
Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg
/var/cache/yum/fedora-stable/packages/libdv-0.99-0.fdr.2.rh90.i386.rpm

4.  Will I be able to use yum to update my RH9 box to Fedora Core or
will I have to
     download the ISO and do an install?

Thanks and look forward to the upcoming release!
--
Wade Hampton