Is the release date still tomorrow?

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 01:09:37 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 09:14, Randall Wood wrote:
> On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 01:53  AM, Tom Diehl wrote:
>
> > On 3 Nov 2003, Philip Wyett wrote:
> >
> >> It would be nice if someone from Red Hat could clarify this. Is there
> >> be no release at all today, the pushing of a new test/rc or are we to
> >> get the preferred final?
> >
> > It is in the archives. the release is delayed at least until midweek
> > maybe
> > a day or so longer. Bill Nottingham posted it a few days ago.
>
> That's funny, on 1 Nov 2003, my machine auto-magically changed my
> up2date channels to Fedora-Core-1 and Updates-released and after I
> installed a slew of RPMS, now categorically states that it is running
> Fedora Core 1 and removed all the "Test" badges from the artwork.
>
> Or does "release" mean that tested ISO images are available?

Yes, I believe it does.  You now have the latest and greatest packages -
probably 95+% of what will be on the isos, but of course you haven't
been able to try the install process for Fedora 1 yet.  The "auto-magic
change" had to do with updates you installed, not the date.

I suspect your machine and mine look very much like a freshly installed
Fedora Core 1, but hopefully the isos will contain cleaned up menus and
other small items which have gotten clobbered by all the up2date stages.

Gerry