YUM problems...¿?¿?¿

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Nov 4 10:59:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Miguel Angel Morales García wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After upgrade my Fedora at release 1 (Yarrow), yum show this message:

Yarrow does not yet officially exist. Check back later this week. :-)

> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/s390x/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm
                                                 ^^^^
                                                 ^^^^
Are you really running on an s390x??

>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/s390x/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm
> [Errno -1] RPM /var/cache/yum/base/packages/yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm fails
> md5 check

A failed md5 check indicates something is wrong with the package.

> My question is.... i need modify my yum.conf file after upgrade at
> Release 1 or is correct with repository of Fedora 0.95???

You might. If your yum.conf uses $releasever in it to determine the release
version then in order to have access to the latest and greatest packages
you will have to modify it to point to the severn beta and rawhide until
the official release of fc1.

HTH,

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org