eol rh9-ximian and fedora...?

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Tue Nov 4 18:56:56 UTC 2003

to partly answer my own question:

'Yesterday afternoon Miguel de Icaza, co-founder of Ximian and current
CTO, told me, "We are going to support Fedora, and we are going to
support Red Hat. Remember, we want our software to be as widely used as
possible." He added, "We are Linux vendor-neutral. We are going to
support every Linux distribution
because different markets have different needs. It just makes sense to
be vendor-agnostic and support every player in town."
As to the void left by Red Hat offering Red Hat Network support only for
Enterprise Linux customers, the Red Hat moves have created a golden
opportunity for Ximian to expand its customer base. Ximian's Red Carpet
provides the same type of services as the Red Hat Network - high-speed
lines for downloads and automated updates for security and bug fixes -
for a comparable price. All Ximian needs to do to gain new customers
from those abandoned by RHN is to support Fedora, and they say that's
what they're going to do.

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/03/2136258&mode=thread&tid=151