Re: Redhat to Fedora - up2date/RHN

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Piotr Goczal wrote:
> Use autorpm (www.autorpm.org)! In my opinion it's much much better
> then up2date...

Hmmmm. A good suggestion, though it runs afoul of the *other*
consideration I was hoping we had settled when choosing Red Hat, and that
was to have as much as possible a 'standard' uncustomized installation,
with as few extra downloads as possible. In theory, it would be perfect to
install 'standard' Fedora/RH from the disks then run the standard
'up2date' and be done, though I've noticed that the packages are so far
behind that I had to download the new 'spamassassin' to have that filter
work effectively.... :-)

- Charles