hoax or bad taste joke by Redhat's CEO?

Justin L Croonenberghs danruiid at geekstuff.info
Wed Nov 5 05:05:27 UTC 2003

Why not? He's being honest. Can you honestly imagine your grandma picking
up a computer and then finding out she needs to edit her /etc/inittab?

:-)

Linux is still too much of a "geek" operating system. You're not thinking
like a consumer; they want the thing to work, work now, work without their
intervention, and they *simply don't care* how it functions. Much like
cars, really.

And Windows XP really isn't bad; it's a good, modern OS (though
architectually needs work), that's fast and reliable, and compared to the
abomination that was Windows Me, it's a Godsend. Remember, your average
consumer knows absolutely nothing of the computing world; that's how AOL
made all its money.

Cheers!

--
Justin L Croonenberghs
http://www.geekstuff.info/

"You're not a freak, you're just stupid!"