Matthew Szulik is Stupid

Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
Wed Nov 5 17:14:58 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 18:32, Chris wrote:
> I think Matthew Szulik is a total moron.  He should not have said those things
> about Linux not being ready for the desktop. I don't care if you think he is
> right or wrong, he just should not have said something like that.
>
> What a stupid moron.
>
> Oh, and Redhat stock has dropped like 30% in value in the past two days.
>
> Good going Stuplik.
>
> Oh, and I am going to be selling my RHAT stock now, because the CEO has his
> head lodged up his butt.

Really... I find this message unacceptable on a public list, especially
one dedicated to another subject such as Fedora Core...
I mean, who the hell do you think you are? Don't bother answering
because /dev/null is eager for any mails. By reading that blasted
article, every-one assumed that Red-Hat is saying "Use Windows"...
That's crap. They simply said that Windows is still easier to use than
GNU/Linux on the HomeDesktop. There are literally new hundreds of
devices on the market every day, some designed over a beer, who were
never intended for use with anything but Windows. Those are a problem.
Another one is to be able to by-pass the inherently secure structure of
GNU/Linux with password auth and many other stuff, for the home user. To
make-it easy to integrate in a Workgroup based smb home network, only
with 2 maybe 3 MOUSE clicks.

The problem was not his declaration, but what everyone understood from
that dammed article.
I purpose that this list should become moderated, because it's not
serving it's purpose anymore.