hoax or bad taste joke by Redhat's CEO?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Nov 5 18:30:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, LoBue, Mark wrote:

> Hey, I wasn't asking for a free program, just any program.  Macromedia won't
> write it, Quicken won't write it.
Politely - they WILL if there is a demand. Or someone else will.
Think of Visicalc..

  How could I possibly have the resources
> to meet with the bank, get transaction download specs, etc.  I'll pay for
> Quicken for Linux, but I don't have the time to write that.
OK - but some Perl wizard might.
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/01/22/mechanize.html

Applications will be produced - and people will pay for them.

I'm just
> pointing out that RH9 is not good enough on the internet front even
> (especially) for kids.
OK - I'll agree on the Macromedia thing.