No, I want up2date to do it.......Re: Fedora RC to real Fedora upgrade

Andy Choens dru at worldskip.com
Thu Nov 6 16:39:26 UTC 2003

Ok, I would like to update all of my packages to the latest Yarrow
Release.  I've been using Severn since .94 and have loved it.  My
computer thinks it is a Yarrow release, although it is missing a few
final pieces.  But, whenever I run up2date to get them, I get the
following error.

Error while retrieving package desktop-backgrounds-basic-2.0-18.
The message was:

An HTTP error occurred:
Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found

Of course, the careful eye will notice that there is no such thing as
...os/s390x/....  It should read .../os/Fedora/....

I could just manually download the files by hand, there are only 5, and
rpm -Uvh, but I'm a perfectionist and I want up2date to work.  So, I
downloaded from FTP the latest up2date, thinking that might help.  No
dice, same error.  I then checked my up2date config files to make sure I
was going to the right place.

so, from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
yum updates-released
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

which, as I understand it, should take me to the right place.  So, what
am I doing wrong?  There is no directory s390x, how can I route around
it?