Fedora with a generic kernel

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 7 11:06:33 UTC 2003

I would like to know whether I would run into trouble if I installed
Fedora Core 1 and compiled a generic kernel to run.

The reason I would want this is that I use software (Win4Lin) that has
kernel adjustments in order to run. Currently I have to wait for
NeTraverse to publish the specific patches or a compiled kernel for FC1.
One of their engineers suggested installing FC1 and patching a generic
kernel. These patches are available a lot sooner than the FC1 patches
for Win4Lin. So much for background info.

So, could I install FC1 with a generic kernel without running into (big)
trouble?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema <abonnema at xs4all.nl>