XFS filesystem support in Fedora

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Nov 7 13:39:36 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Ajay Ramaswamy wrote:

> On Friday 07 Nov 2003 2:38 am, Mike Burger wrote:
> > Are there any plans to include SGI's XFS filesystem support into Fedora's
> > kernels and/or installers?
> >
> > Such support would be incredibly appreciated.
> >

> > --
> the answer to that problem too. As for the kernel & userspace utils
> oss.sgi.com is your friend. Eric Sandeen has just put out a kernel SRPM
> today.
>
> Now to find the reason grub hangs at the end.

I, too, am on the linux-xfs mailing list, but I'm not a hacker by any
means, and am not really up to the task.

I'm simply an end user who knows, from reading the linux-xfs list, that
the SGI folks would prefer to not have to concentrate their efforts on an
installer, but rather on the filesystem work.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit