edit start menu in Gnome?

Boris Goldowsky boris at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 7 17:27:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 08:00, Ed Weinberg wrote:
> Is there an easy way to edit the Gnome start menu?  I can't find it, and
> I know that there was not a way to do it in RH 8.0 or 9.0.

Apparently menu editing is disabled by default.  To enable it:

(as root)
cd /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules
mv default-modules.conf default-modules.conf.without-menu-editing
cp default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing  default-modules.conf

Then the next time you start gnome you should be able to edit the apps
menu by either normal method: right-click on the menu item you want to
edit, or go to the location "applications:///" in a nautilus window, and
rearrange things there.

Boris Goldowsky