adding new packages

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Nov 7 18:24:49 UTC 2003

Albert DE WINT wrote:
>>Oops.  "mount -o loop,ro /path-to-iso/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/cdrom"
>>will work much better ;-)
>

> No problem David; I saw the mistake?  Now what worries me is:
> I can mount my Mandrake's root partition (hda6) and browse it.
> So I can see the 3 'Yarrow' ISO's, all right.
>
> But, when I enter the mount command like you suggest:
>
> mount -o loop,ro /dev/hda6/yarrow/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/disc1
>
> It doesn't agree, I get:
>
> /dev/hda6/yarrow/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso: Not a directory
>
> Weird...

Not weird, at all.  You can't mount a file from a device.  You need to
actually specify the path, as it is actually mounted.  If /dev/hda6 is
actually mounted at /usr/local/discs, then you want to mount
/usr/local/discs/yarrow/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request at bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe