radeon driver/external projector

Dirk Arnold dirk at cs.dal.ca
Fri Nov 7 19:46:10 UTC 2003

  I'm having trouble setting up my notebook to work with
an external projector.  The details are below.  Any help
would be very much appreciated.

  Thanks!
    Dirk

notebook: Dell Latitude D600
video card: Radeon Mobility M9
driver: radeon
internal resolution: 1400x1050
projector: Sharp Notevision
XF86Config: attached

Whether I use the CloneMode option or not doesn't seem
to make much of a difference.  The projector sometimes
comes up with nothing, sometimes with a small section of
the screen.  According to the projector, its input resolution
is most often 640x480, but I've also seen it believe it was
1280x1024.