graphical boot loader

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 21:41:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:22, Richard E Miles wrote:
> I am having problems getting the new graphical boot of yarrow working. I
> upgraded from RedHat 9. Following the advise in the relase notes I
> installed rhgb from disk 1 and added rhgb to the command line in the
> grub grub.conf kernel line thus: kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.22115.nptl ro
> root=/ hdc=ide-scsi rhgb.
> When I reboot I still get a text based bootloader response. What am I
> doing wrong?

Your kernel ID in the line shown above should be 2115, not 22115.  That
is probably just a typo in your post, not a copy from the grub.conf.

You can also check that you have GRAPHICAL=yes.

  From /etc/sysconfig/init:

 # anything else => new style bootup without ANSI colors or positioning
 BOOTUP=color
 # Turn on graphical boot
 GRAPHICAL=yes

Gerry