Fedora Boot failure

Jeroen van Tilburg jvtilbg at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 7 15:34:56 UTC 2003

Hi to all,

I am trying to install Fedora core 1 (with GRUB) on the following pc :

Asus P4B with latest bios upgrade, 256 Mb ram, Maxtor 80 Gb harddisk, Intel
PIV 1.5 Ghz.
Installation works fine, but at the end of the process after the graphical
screen disappears,
a lot of these text messages show up : rpm, fatal region error, run recovery

After that, when rebooting (by pressing Enter on the Grub entry) I get the
message file not found error 15 and nothing happens, the system won't boot
I also tried with : Force Lba32 but this did not lead to success.

Has anyone got a solution to this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Jeroen van Tilburg