MP3 support?

Brian Schmidt bts at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Nov 8 06:27:52 UTC 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:12:20 +0200, Antti wrote:

> I had installed xmms-mpg321, but now I need mp3 support for rhythmbox.
> Have you got any answers for this?

It seems the one that ships with Fedora is compiled without mp3 support.
I'm not too adept at modifying .spec files and re-compiling, but I gave it
a shot and came close.  I can get my mp3s to load now, they just won't
play.  I get this error: "Failed to create mad element; check your
installation".  I've got the libmad stuff installed, so I really am not
sure what the scoop is with this or where to go from here.

bts at sdf.lonestar.org