No Full Control Install!

Glenn English ghe at slsware.com
Sun Nov 9 06:11:59 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 21:27, Jason Borgmann wrote:

> Although you are correct this is easily fixable with selecting
> individual packages, the sendmail.cf/postfix thing it not new behavior.
> It does the exact same thing in RH9.  This caught me off guard the first
> time I saw it.  I assumed that by removing the sendmail.cf and
> installing postfix that Anaconda/RH/whatever would have been intelligent
> enough to figure out that I wanted to use postfix.  Guess not.

You would think so, wouldn't you. I think maybe the ".cf" is a typo.

And it's a lot older than 9. It's been part of my RH install ritual
since Postfix first appeared, I think, 7.0?? That and getting rid of
ISDN and PPP were my main uses of the individual pkgs option.

Now it's:
su -
service sendmail stop
rpm -e sendmail
chkconfig -add postfix
reboot

And ISDN and PPP are still in there...

But as has been said, these are small points. Overall, an excellent job.
Thank you all very much, Fedora Group.

--
Glenn English
ghe at slsware.com