Minimum RAM to install

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Nov 9 07:36:30 UTC 2003

Hey, all:

I am working on getting my first Fedora testing box online tonight, but I
have only been able to free up a box with 32MB of RAM. I do have another
with 64MB that I could shut down temporarily to borrow RAM, but it would
eventually need to be returned. So, two questions:

         1. Can I run the install with only 32MB of RAM? Of course I will
be running in text mode, with precious little going on and almost no
services running, so I do KNOW for sure that the box will run on 32MB. The
question is, will Anaconda allow me to run the install with 32MB of RAM?

         2. If Anaconda insists on having 64MB available, does anyone see a
problem with temporarily adding RAM to reach 64MB, then once the system is
installed removing 32MB?

Thanks,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz