Printer problems

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Nov 9 16:35:38 UTC 2003

Cliff Kent wrote:

>  >> ... Epson C80 printer ... <<
>
> I have one of those and it's working fine with the default settings from
> the gui install. Mine is a samba share, not local, but that shouldn't
> matter with cups.
>
> In fact that printer has worked without fuss with RH 7.x, 8.0, 9, and
> now FC 1.
>
> I hope that helps a little to narrow your investigation.
>
> You didn't specify, so I'm guessing that you're not sharing this printer
> (yet). The default CUPS install is local only and you must enable
> network printer for that to work.
>
> ck
>

> --

  I guess that you have to allow Raw printing, easiest way by modifying
a couple of files in /ETC/SAMBA i.e. mimes.type and mimes.conv

Antonio

Written with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 on Windows XP
Open Source Software
You can grab at:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/0.3/thunderbird-0.3-win32.zip