network profiles in FC1

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 10 01:04:19 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 17:03, Jack Bowling wrote:
> Speaking of network profiles, I seem to recall that somebody had
> hacked a way to select them via the bootloader on startup rather than
> waiting til after boot (which seems cumbersome). I did a google
> search but couldn't find anything relevant. Pointers appreciated.

You can specify the profile as a kernel option.  I do believe it's:
netprofile=profilename

So in grub, on the kernel line, just add that.  Duplicate the line and
change the profile name for another kernel choice.

Basically you'll have identical kernel choices, just one loads one
profile, the other loads another.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: