mailing list subject lines

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Nov 10 03:48:58 UTC 2003

At 21:42 11/9/2003, you wrote:
>Can I request that the mailing list administrators set-up the mailing list so
>that emails are sent with something like "[fedora]" prepended to the subject
>line?

Oh no... please, no.

>The other mailing lists I'm subscribed to prepend their subject lines with
>[mailing-list name] and it makes it much easier to get a handle on my inbox
>in the mornings.

Can I help you get your email filters set up? (Seriously.) Mungeing subject
lines makes it a lot harder to read mail on text consoles (or at least to
see what mail is about), which I have to do far too often. Please let's try
to avoid this.

My personal opinion, just like yours.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz