3rd party compatibility (was: Freshrpms.net concerns.)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Nov 10 04:58:01 UTC 2003

On 8 Nov 2003, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 12:41, Marc Williams wrote:
> >
> > I *think* that ATrpms, Freshrpms, Dag, and a few others collude so as to
> > make these sorts of conflicts unlikely.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if all these projects will start to co-ordinate
> with each other somehow? To not re-invent the whell and all that...

Well, the 4 repositories (atrpms, dag, freshrpms and newrpms) already
stopped creating duplicate packages and working on compatibility.

Having one merged repository is something we plan to do, but since the
compatibility is there already there's no real pressure.

I made a document that lists all the packages in these repositories and
links to the authoritative location for each package.

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/mega-merge.php

Kind regards,