3rd party compatibility (was: Freshrpms.net concerns.)

Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq imoq at imoqland.com
Mon Nov 10 05:07:18 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 22:58, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Well, the 4 repositories (atrpms, dag, freshrpms and newrpms) already
> stopped creating duplicate packages and working on compatibility.
>
> Having one merged repository is something we plan to do, but since the
> compatibility is there already there's no real pressure.
>
> I made a document that lists all the packages in these repositories and
> links to the authoritative location for each package.

Thank you very much, Dag!

I think that is the way to go. As I often use freshrpms and dag I would
like to use some ATrpms and Newrpms as well but am always afraid of
compatibility between them.  Now that won't be an issue anymore :)

Alex.

--
¡Sé libre, usa software libre!
Be free, use free software!