Welcome + question

Mortella mortella at freestart.hu
Mon Nov 10 16:28:14 UTC 2003

Hi !

Am Laszlo Bathory (aka. Mortella) from Hungary, old RH (and quakeworld)
fun :) for years. Am a computer engineer, having one daughter (and
someone else soon), interested in bikes, agroculture, and any IT related
stuff.

And my question:

I talked over my brother-in-law to change from M$ to linux. I tried to
install UHU (hungarian dist) but it wasnt 100% ok, and it is a modified
debian distro (no relation, but im not familiar with dpkg and co).
Well, I just saw Fedora Core was released so I tested how could it speak
hungarian. System is cool, it's hungarian is so-so, but I have troubles
with the printer. It's a HP 845c (USB), redhat-config-printer (or what
:) ) recognizes, cups recognizes, but none of them can print a test
page. It reports "media tray empty", hell it's not !!! lpr & co yields
the page, doesn't report anything. (Like it was a success)
I found a conversation about such a problem on kernel-devel mail
archive, about badly reported (usb) printer status  but no solution (or
i did not understand clearly). Have anybody seen sg. like this and does
anybody know a solution ?

Thanks in advance

morti