install: HowTo install Fedora on Compaq Evo N1015v

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Nov 10 16:52:34 UTC 2003

Il lun, 2003-11-10 alle 17:14, Andy Green ha scritto:

> On Monday 10 November 2003 15:58, Dario Lesca wrote:
>
> > The install process after the boot from CD-ROM, not found the cdrom.
> >
> > Someone have some experience whit is?
>
> I have one of these, eventually managed to install RH9 on it.  The answer to
> the immediate problem is
>
>   linux nomce ide=nodma pci=off
>
> at the install prompt after the CD boots.

Ok, with this options I have install Fedora. Then I have insert this
options into grub.conf

In this way the Fedora start in X mode, but when I load USB and Network
Driver 8139{too,cp} I get an conflict error in load modules.

Some suggest?

(On this notebook I have install SuSe 8.1 and it work fine.)

Many Thanks

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>