Hang on boot up for Athlon MP SMP system

Athens Yan athensy at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:17:13 UTC 2003

Hi, I have installed Fedora Core 1 on my Athlon MP dual processors
machine. During installation, everything is fine, the installer of
Fedora has detected my machine has more than one processor, so that it
builds me a SMP kernel additionally. However, when I try to boot Fedora
with this SMP kernel, it hangs up as it trying to activate the secondary
processor. Does anyone have idea how to shoot this problem? Thanks in
advance.

Athens Yan

P.S.: The same issue has been found on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1
and 3.0.