Upgrade from RH9 -> FC1 - rhgb doesn't work

James Culligan bluredt01 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 17:26:13 UTC 2003

Please keep in mind that this machine was upgraded from 7.1 to every single RHL releases up to 9. (old faithfull)

Over the weekend I upgraded it from RH9 to FC1. Everything was upgraded fine except for ORBit2. Gnome wouldn't start but after manually upgrading this package everything is swell.

I figured I give rhgb a try, so I installed the package and changed grub.conf to include rhgb on the boot line.

System starts up but without graphical boot. The only error message I get is:
umount2: Invalid argument
umount: /initrd: not mounted
umount2: Invalid argument
umount: /initrd: not mounted

I can reproduce these errors by typing rhgb in the console.

I am stumped at this point and welcome any suggestions...