No sound on Laptop

Jeremy Petzold jpetzold at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 12 18:02:42 UTC 2003

I have an HP pavilion ZT1130 laptop. I had Debian running on it back in
the 2.4.18 days.

back then I found out I had to patch the kernel with ACPI in order to
get sound to work. I installed Fedora knowing ACPI was in the kernel
now. I was supproed though to find out that my sound does not work. I
downloaded the vanilla sources and compiled my own kernel from them to
make sure, and still nothing.

Fedora sees my card in the sound detection program, but I get nothing
to play in root or in my user account. anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Jeremy