APT, YUM Upgrade problems

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 19:35:13 UTC 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, Luca Da Col <luca.dacol at tiscali.it> wrote:

>         file /etc/apt/apt.conf from install of apt-0.5.15cnc1-0.fdr.3.1
> conflicts with file from package atrpms-15-1.rh9.at

Well, the conflict exists, atrpms wants to override apt and yum config
files, but it doesn't avoid the conflicts AFAICT.  I've just e-mailed
Axel about it, hopefully he'll have a fix soon.  I don't quite
understand why every package in his repository has to depend on
atrpms, which would force everyone that wants to use any of his
packages to use his apt and yum config files (barring
post-atrpms-install override, which wouldn't be manageable with RPM)

Maybe I should just add `Provides: atrpms' to my own
install-what-I-want meta-package.