crossover office

Doug B brucks at felpsis.net
Thu Nov 13 01:50:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 17:54, Brent Bottolfson wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get crossover office 2.1.0 (or wine) to
> successfully work.  I just upgraded from RH9.  I've tried both rpm and
> sh installs.  It seems to install ok, but hangs up whenever I try to
> install any software.
>

>From the CrossOver FAQ

6.1.1.1. Why doesn't CrossOver work on Fedora and RedHat Enterprise
Linux 3?

With the Fedora and RHEL 3 releases, RedHat has introduced a new feature
to their Linux. The 'prelink' facility is intentended to speed up
and therefore CrossOver.

We are still working to better understand the problem but the current
workaround is to disable prelink. To do so, edit /etc/sysconfig/prelink
and change 'yes' to 'no'. Then manually run /etc/cron.daily/prelink as
root.

Haven't tried it myself yet.

Doug