Bind Configuration Tool

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Thu Nov 13 02:00:18 UTC 2003

I installed Fedora recently and wanted to configure BIND to add a forward
master zone for a private network.

I used to run a DNS server on this particular network from a Redhat 7.2
system without difficulty.

After I installed Fedora I just started mucking with /etc/named.conf and
various zone files in /var/named.

Along the way, I decided to play around with redhat-config-bind.

>From reading the RH9 documentation for RH9 I think that I've probably made a
mess of things by revising these files and also playing with
redhat-config-bind.  I'd like to get my system back to a clean starting
point and do all of my configuration with redhat-config-bind.  Somewhere
between the new chroot stuff and the move to the current version of Bind
it's clear that I've become seriously confused.

What's the easiest way for me to get to a clean starting point short of
reinstalling Fedora from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

-- Rich