SSH Public Key Authentication Isn't Working

FearOfCarpet FearOfCarpet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 15:50:37 UTC 2003

I did a fresh install of Yarrow, but copied a lot of config files (like
samba and my firewall scripts) including most of my /home partition from
a RH9 install. I made new public/private key pairs,  created my new
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file, and eventually copied my /etc/ssh/sshd_conf
file from RH9...  Everyone is set up to use ssh-agent and public key
authentication, but the Fedora computer refuses to do so. No matter what
I do it always prompts me for a password. Is there something about
Fedora that would prevent this, or should this question be directed at
an Open-SSH forum?