NFS Install Hangs

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 19:31:58 UTC 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, Johnathan Kupferer <johnathan at gnuthought.com> wrote:

> About ten minutes into it, the NFS installs froze.

I've experienced similar behavior on all memory-starved hosts I tried
to install to at the uni the other day.  Graphical installs would
consistently get blocked at varying points.  Text installs completed
without a hitch.  This was on 64-MiB boxes, FWIW.  No useful messages
in any of the VTs, and not a real hang.  Since the Release Notes
mentioned 192MiB was a minimum for graphical, I went with text, and
that worked.