testing for packages differing from FC1 packages

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Wed Nov 12 20:04:41 UTC 2003

I sent a message earlier on this topic but for some reason it did not
make it to the list.

After having dinked around with a machine I upgraded from a severely
modified 7.1 install and manually installing some stuff and using apt to
install others I wanted to know what I have installed that is not
part of the fedora core.  More specifically I would like to know what
packages did not come from the FC1 distro itself (incase I
inadvertently overwrote /upgraded a core package.  This functionality
may exist already and if it does I would like to know about it since I
think this is going to be an ongoing issue as more people use alternate
repos.

Since the original message did not make it I wrote a first pass at a
script, testrpms.sh that can be dl'ed here:

http://www.elevating.com/bret/testrpms.sh

gvim generated html version for online viewing (this is pretty cool
IMHO):
http://www.elevating.com/bret/testrpms.sh.html

and a copy of the output from my test box.

http://www.elevating.com/bret/testrpms.out.txt

Take a look and give me some feed back on how well it worked and any
bugs found.  If folks find it useful I will clean it up.

Thanks

Bret